Thursday, April 02, 2009

Leapin' Frog!

I told you I had another frog card to share this week. This is another image in the Penny Black clear set called Toadily, which you can view here. Aren't these frogs C-U-T-E???

I colored him in with Copics and did the color pushing technique with the clear blender pen. It is easy peasy and creates such a great effect! I used the Coluzzle to cut the oval, cutting up to my stamped image and trimming the rest by hand. I added a second layer to the flower. After cutting out the brown layer with a Nestie die, I used one of the Cuttlebug thin embossing folders just along the bottom edge. The DP is from the MM Chloe's Closet pad I bought awhile ago.
I am keeping it short, one more day of work for the week!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

diane zechman said...

This is so cute, Tracy! I love how you embossed the bottom of the layered panel!

Julia Aston said...

Love your toad Tracy! and your embossing techniques - all the nesties - the layered flower and fun DP! great card!

ChristineCreations said...

eee hee...love the flower umbrella Tracy! Beautifully done!

Cheryl said...

Love this tracy! Great details! I have this frog, too! Gotta try the pushing color technique from class! C.

Starla said...

This is soooo cute!! I have GOT to find this set (and yes, I was just at my LSS and they didn't have it!!)...Dh's nickname is Toad so I can never have too many toads around!! hehe
Love the way you embossed the bottom of the nestie layer...how clever!

Lisa Kind said...

So cute! Love that out-of-the-box technique! I seriously have to try that someday soon! I've been playing with those techniques little by little too! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Just love, love, love your cards! You are a talented lady. I just subscribed to your newsletter.
Thanks
Crafty-liz

Crafty-liz said...

Hi
I posted before, but I just made myself a blog, totally new to all of this!!
I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with all your cards and boxes! AMAZING!
Ooh it looks like I won't be anonymous anymore.
Crafty-liz