Monday, June 23, 2008

Card Folio

Happy Monday!! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I had a bit of food poisoning or a case of stomach flu, either way, I was not feeling top notch, lol! Today seems much more promising.

I finally unpacked my bags from last weeks host club and took pictures of one of our projects. This card folio idea came from Patty Bennett's blog which you can visit here. I wanted our project to be made entirely out of one sheet of designer paper, a one sheet wonder kind of deal. This is a fun project to do and can be varied according to your paper or stamps. You can fit (4) 3 1/2 by 5 cards nicely into this folio. SU carries notecard sets in the catalog that are sized perfectly for this. Use sticky strip to attach your pockets to the inside of your folio, that will ensure it doesn't come apart. The top pocket is for stamps but I love the idea of making some personalized address labels to go in there as well. The band around the folio is 1 3/4" wide by 10 1/2" long and we used sticky strip to keep it together, the seam is on the back. We used various papers from the Summer Picnic paper along with the sets Tart and Tangy, Short and Sweet and Think Happy Thoughts. Our color scheme came straight from the paper: old olive, bashful blue, real red, pumpkin pie. I brought along scraps in all of those colors and each person made their own set based on the paper they chose. Other supplies were used included circle punches, scallop punch, dimensionals and brads. They all came out different and wonderful! If you need close ups click on the pictures. You will notice on the band we used a tracing wheel on the outside edges to add a bit of interest. I am including a layout of how we cut our 12 by 12 paper, not one bit of waste on this project!
This is a nice gift to give someone even at the last minute because they don't take that long to put together. This one is part of my end of the year gift for my son's teacher.
Have a great day!!






5 comments:

Marie said...

What a neat idea!!! Thanks for the diagram so that we can CASE!!! :) VERY cute!

Renee said...

What a fun idea! This is really cute :)

Gail S. said...

Thanks for the great idea!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome project! Thank you for the template. I will have to try this this afternoon. :o)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I routinely check out Patty's blog, but I musta missed that posting - thanks for pointing it out!