Monday, September 22, 2008

To File or Not to FIle??

Like many of you, I "file" loads of ideas for cards and projects. But sadly, most of my files never see reality. Last week I came across another great idea, this time on Michelle Wooderson's blog. It was this post about a mini magazine holder project that she found on Becky Roberts' blog. Becky posted a template here. Aren't stampers the greatest? I just love the sharing of ideas! The mini mag holder is so cute isn't it? I knew right away that I wanted to try it but size it to fit A2 cards. Hang on for a bunch of photos of my finished project.
I don't have a template, you can just refer to Becky's and alter the dimensions that I will share with you. My box holds 6 cards and envelopes nicely. Think of the gift possibilities.

I started with a piece of card stock 12" by 9".
score 9" side at 3 3/4" and 5 1/4"
score 12" side at 2" and 6 1/2"
I altered the cut out a bit too but that is easy to decide on your own, just make both sides equal.
Refer to Becky's template for how to cut and assemble, it is really quite easy! I used sticky tape to make sure it all stayed stuck. Jody is still having a sticky sale so if you are in the market for red-liner tape products check out her blog here.
I used Chocolate Chip as my base and covered the sides with some of the Baja Breeze DP. There is chocolate wide ribbon going around the holder with a bow made of Baja Breeze striped ribbon. The label on the back uses the new SU punch from the Cute and Curly set as well as some Karen Foster snap stamps to spell out the words and date.
For the contents I made 2 cards each of 3 different styles. They all use the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set and they are all embossed onto vanilla card stock with Chocolate Chip craft ink and clear EP. I used a combination of masking and sponging. The sentiments are from Verve Visual and Paper Trey. I recently got several of the scripture stamps from Verve and love them for the many cards I send to church folks (or should send ;)). They all also use the same basic papers: chocolate chip, vanilla, Baja Breeze DP, Kraft DP (from the hostess paper pack), and Baja Breeze. Other supplies used: dimensionals, scallop border punch, sticky tape, sponge daubers, chocolate grosgrain ribbon.
What do you think? I love the idea of a coordinated set and this is a really fun project. I hope you will try one. If you do, share a link so I can check it out!!
Tomorrow I will share another mini mag holder but in yet another size. What do you suppose it could be? I hope you will stop by to find out.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Inking Idaho said...

This is just beautiful! Great job on designing all the other sizes.
Becky

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Tracy this/these are fabulous! Love the idea and your perfect execution! Your cards are just too beautiful to hide, but I know they have to go somewhere...this couldn't be more perfect! Thanks for sharing the links too! Another project for my files LOL!