Sunday, September 21, 2008

Creepy Crawly

I do not really get into Halloween. I love candy and can even get into dressing up. We even get a pumpkin or two and carve them. It just seems that it has all gotten so dark/scary and I am not into that. One look around the paper crafting scene and I can quickly feel out of place in my position. Honestly, do people really mail Halloween cards?? The best I can do is a few treat ideas so my boys can take them to school to share with their friends. So here is a quick idea I will be sharing in an upcoming class and making in mass for my boys. The best part is the boxes come together easy peasy since it is a Bigz XL die from Sizzix. I found it mine at AC Moore and with a coupon it was really very reasonable. I know it will get a lot of use since it can be used for many occasions. I used some only orange card stock for the box and stamped it with the Sanded background. It makes it look kinda webby, doesn't it?? (it looks great with white craft ink on black card stock too) Use sticky tape to adhere the sides together and a piece of transparency for the window. It fits the perfect portion of candy corn! The main spider image is from the Batty for You set. To make him a bit more whimsical than scary, I gave him googlie eyes. The box lid wants to pop up so I used some Dotto adhesive to keep it down. The Dotto is temporary and won't damage your box and is much more cost effective than using magnetic snaps, ribbon, Velcro or other such stuff. The kids are just going to tear into them anyway ;).
I hope you enjoy your day! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I ordered that die and I love it! It's SO cool! :)