Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Be Merry



I do not buy many non Stampin' Up! stamps because I find I just don't use them much. I do visit my LSS on occasion to see what is new in the world of stamping and when I do make a purchase it is usually accessories or tools. This Poinsettia stamp by Magenta grabbed my attention on my last visit and just had to come home with me. I just love the size of it...it really makes a statement!! It is also one of my first unmounted stamps which posed a slight problem as the stamp is so large I couldn't find an acrylic block to mount it on. Awhile ago I bought a plastic trivet kit with an embroidery insert. I thought I would stamp something to go inside but hadn't gotten around to it. It was a perfect fit!!

This card measures 5 1/4" square and the stamp takes up most of that space! I embossed it in gold and trimmed it around it's frame. I used Twinkling H2O's to paint the flower a pretty shade of pinkish red and the frame in green. To tone down the shimmer white cardstock I used, I used creamy caramel and an aquapainter to fill in around the flower. I mounted it onto a piece of gold cardstock that I pierced and then onto a piece of rose red. The Be Merry tag is gold and celery cardstock punched with SU's oval punches. I brushed some green H2O's over the celery tag so it would better match the card. When it was all done I added some gold liquid pearls on the petals of the flower but I think next time I would leave them off, seemed like overkill. I love the final look, the colors are very contemporary but the embossing makes it elegant. The best part was it actually did not take long to do.

I am working on another tutorial so check in again soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy! Gorgeous card as usual! I bet this beauty just sings IRL! Wanted to let you know that the only way to see this on your blog is to go to the archives (it seems like your older stuff is loading on the front page).

Loved your shaker card tutorial! I've been making shaker cards, but you helped solve the mystery of getting a centered square. That was a real 'duh' moment for me. I would also love it if you could do a tutorial on how to make mitered corners. I'm sure it's easy, but to date I haven't figured it out

Linda (aka LSN on SCS).

Anonymous said...

Great card! I especially like the piercing around the edge.

Anonymous said...

Loved all your cards. Such good ideas and a different twist on things!
Janice