Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oh Scrappy Day!!




I have TONS of cardstock scraps and left overs. I try to use them but they seem to gain on me fast, kinda like the rabbits in the old Jartran truck rental commercial. (do you know the one I mean...it was side splitting funny!!!!) I have pre cut cards that were extras from classes and workshops but unfortunately I didn't save the sample so now they are calling for new ideas. In September I got so fed up with my scraps that I gave each of my host club ladies a large bag full, completely emptying my bins. Today you couldn't tell!! My goal this week is make a small dent in my scraps.
I pulled out the pieces for 4 precut cards that finish into a 5 1/4" square card. The pieces were vanilla, always artichoke and basic black. I started with the fall card. The original design for these pieces was a mirror image of these trees so I didn't stray far from it's roots. I inked up my stamp with markers (always artichoke, ruby red, pumpkin pie and close to cocoa), spritzed it with water and stamped it onto vanilla cardstock. I used some watercolor crayons and my aquapainter to fill in the sky and ground.
Then I did the Big wish card. In the end it is my least favorite. I love the idea of the cake for the "i" but if I did this again I wouldn't use these colors. It seems to be lacking something. It would be good for a guy though.
The Art of Life card is a sympathy card I need to send tomorrow. A family friend died early this morning after battling stomach cancer. It is sad day indeed now that Mary Jane is gone but I rejoice in knowing that she is in God's arms. This set is one of my favorites. I used always artichoke and rose red markers to ink the stamp.
The last card is made with a stamp I bought at my LSS by Printworks. I usually pass on non-SU stamps but I fell in love with this one from the start. I mostly used watercolor crayons to do the coloring. This was perfect for the square card pieces I had. The flowers just make me smile, and I needed that today.
These cards have very few embellishments, I just wasn't in the mood today. Thanks for visiting. Stop in again, I will be making cards from scraps all week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of these cards are wonderful! YOu've been busy! I don't make enough square cards and I really should because seeing yours makes me smile!
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Cute cards, love the square style. I know what you mean about the scrap pile...mine definitely multiplies overnight!LOL