Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Soothing Thyme


This is another new set, Serene Sunflower. I caved in and bought it after seeing so many wonderful cards with it. This card is mostly a direct case from the SU catalog. Sometimes you just need a place to start and the catalog can be a great place to do that! The sunflower is stamped first in marigold and then in more mustard onto naturals white cardstock. The lower flower is cut out, edges sponged in more mustard and then mounted with a dimensional. The greenery is stamped in truly thyme....a color that is really growing on me. it is faint, but I inked the Cheesecloth background in creamy caramel, stamped it off once and then stamped it a few times around the image. The sentiment and flower centers are stamped in chocolate chip but I wish I had done the sentiment in black so it stod out more. The bee is also stamped in chocolate chip and then I went over its body with a more mustard marker. The ticket corner punch is used on all four corners and thyme stitched ribbon to finish it off. I need to spend more time with this set, it is so beautiful!! Happy day to all!!

No comments: