Monday, December 18, 2006

New Toy Alert!!

I tried, I really did, I swear I did!!! I had a 50% off coupon and walked away from the new Cuttlebug 2 weeks ago. It bothered me for a whole week and a half. Oh I think I need to find a Stampers Anonymous group ASAP!!! I am not a big die cutter gal so I had talked myself out of it but it was those embossing folders that got me in the end. Hubby was there to talk me into it...he's a keeper for sure!! They only had 2 embossing folders I wanted so I am limited in my play time until I can order some more. (one big selling point for me was that the embossing folders are under $5.00) I can't believe how much of a texture it gives, it is just WAY COOL!!
This was my first card using my new Cuttlebug....did I mention how cute this thing is?? I ran a piece of sage shadow cardstock through the swirl embossing folder and then rubbed a bit of chocolate chip ink over it. The flowers are stamped in sage shadow and bravo burgundy onto naturals ivory cardstock. I inked up just the word "dreams" from one of the sentiment stamps in the Happy Harmony set with a burgundy marker. I love the swirly script in some of the words in that set! I used my hobby blade to add some slits to feed the burgundy ribbon through. The whole thing is on a base of kraft cardstock. In the end it is a very simple card but the embossing kicks it up a notch. I will post more samples tomorrow.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful Card!! I had asked for one for Christmas, but sadly hubby informed me that all our Michaels stores are out!! And they are not expecting anymore now until Feb!! Have fun playing with the new toy ;0)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm in love with the templates too. I resisted at first..but they are too darn cute. Love love your card

Ellen said...

I love your card! I just got my first template and I love it! I need to get more and the fact that they are sooo cheap is the best part! Thanks for sharing!

Ellen said...

I love your card! I just got my first template and I love it! I need to get more and the fact that they are sooo cheap is the best part! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to try this out.