Friday, December 22, 2006

Special Project

Three days til Christmas, how are you holding up? My house is a wreck, my baking isn't done, I have grocery shopping to do and if I think about it I will probably freak out, LOL!! There is an eerie calm at my house and I am not going to question it. Do you remember Mary Poppins saying "enough is as good as a feast"? Well, what ever gets done, gets done. Ultimately the best part about Christmas is being together celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus.
In the mean time I am working on a special Christmas project for someone. This is one of the cards I am making for a set. I am so sad SU retired this Terrific Tulips set!
The card base is mellow moss. I stamped a piece of white with Well Worn Words inked in perfect plum and sponged the edges a bit. The tulips are inked in pale plum with perfect plum marker used to add color to the edges. The stems and leaves are inked in mellow moss and a touch of always artichoke marker added. I also sponged the edges of the white to tone down the bright white. The perfect plum layer is stamped with Linen but doesn't photograph well. I added a few piercings to the corner using the Mat pack.
The sentiment is a combination of things. I inked the word "big" from a stamp in the Happy Harmony set and the "wish" is from EPH. I used a 1" circle punch and sponged the edges a bit. It is layered on a mellow moss punch out from the label punch kit. I used a hobby blade to create slits for the ribbon.
I think I will go back something now. I make no promises about blogging this next week. I did however get my SU gift in the mail yesterday and may have to squeeze in a bit of play time. Oh and I almost forgot, my 3 free stamps set come today from winning an SU contest last month. I am so excited about that!!!
Happy day!!

No comments: