Sunday, February 25, 2007

Super Fun Day!!


Well, I have returned from my all day SCS central NY gathering and it was soooo fun!! How can you go wrong when stamping, chocolate and fun people are all rolled into one?!
This is the card front I made to swap with the group (26 swappers, 28 people in all). It was actually a modification of a card I did awhile ago but the colors are completely different. The card base is sage shadow stamped with Fine Lace. The bottom portion is bravo burgundy stamped with Floral. The first 2 layers of the rose are blush blossom rolled in burgundy and when I stamped them I twisted the stamp to soften the look. The last layer of the rose is burgundy. I masked the rose, inked the Weathered BG in chocolate chip, stamped off once before putting it to paper. The leaves and stems are sage shadow. The edges are distressed with chocolate chip ink. The layers are very vanilla, chocolate chip and blush blossom. The sentiment from Fancy Flexible Phrases is on oval punch of sage shadow and covered with Crystal Effects to resemble a page pebble. I just realized last night as I was showing DH all the wonderful things I came home with that my swaps I gave out didn't have the chocolate grosgrain ribbon on them. I am such a dork!!! I did them weeks ago and when I packed up I forgot I hadn't done the last step of ribbon. I kept wondering why I had an entire unopened roll of ribbon on my desk?! So...ladies, if you got one of these, I apologize for an incomplete card!!
Also... here are some answers to a couple of questions you have asked.
1) the coil size on the dates to remember calendar is 10mm
2) the circle chipboard on the Doodle That card the other day is a piece from SU's Onboard Chipboard set, I did not make it myself. I have however seen it used as a template using card stock and circle punches, I will be trying that myself soon. I suppose if you had a circle diecut you could possibly make your own from chipboard but punches would not work with such a thick medium.
Happy Sunday to you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy!
Your card was beautiful even w/out the ribbon, I would have never known!
Kirstin...btw, thanks for the coasters!

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
It's gorgeous! Thanks for coming and checking out my blog so I could find yours! :)
Beautiful card. Wonderful blog!