Sunday, March 25, 2007

i{heart{2stamp Challenge

Jen over at i{heart}2stamp is starting a weekly bloggers challenge. The first challenge is to use Doodle This in 2 different cards or projects. I needed some direction in my stamping yesterday so I thought I would play along.

My first card is busy in color and layers. There is no sunshine for good natural lighting today so use your imagination a little bit. I have been addicted to this shimmer ivory paper I got from cutcardstock.com. I used it on the long panel as well as on the flowers so you will have to imagine way more shimmer goin' on here! I stamped in black and used markers and ink/aquapainter in the following colors: old olive, taken with teal, pumpkin pie, rose red, eggplant envy, summer sun. The flowers are cut out and mounted with dimensionals. I also used Stardust Stickles on the flowers and vine. I used the new spiral punch and round tab punch with rose red card stock. The tab is secured with a old olive brad. I used the larger swirl stamp with vanilla craft ink on the old olive layer. (a side comment: I am really not impressed with the vanilla craft, it never seems to show very well. White craft I love though!)


The second card I wanted to be different in color and feel. I started with a Fabriano note card, they are so lovely to use!! I stamped the swirl and flower stamps in black Stazon and again used markers and ink/aquapainter to color it all in. The main colors here are gable green, pretty in pink and lovely lilac. I added pink and lilac Liquid Pearls to the flowers which gave it an even softer look. I used Anna's gray marker again to add shadows, added the sentiment in black and voila!

This was a fun challenge, thanks Jen. I have never used the {} brackets on my keyboard either so I did something new today!!
Blessings on your Sunday!

4 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh these are both wonderful!

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful job with the challenge! I love both of them!

Juliana said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL cards! I love the colors and the details!!

Maybe someday I can get this set...

At least I get to enjoy you playing with it!!!

Renée said...

ohhhh, very pretty! Absolutely adore the colours of both!