Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bold Friend

Bold Brights are the least used color family in my stamping. It is interesting to me that when I first started stamping it was the first color family I bought. I do love the cheeriness of the colors but find them hard to use at times. I think it is that my style falls more in line with the other color families.
When my sister in law and I stamped the other day we did a OSW based on one that Michelle Wooderson showed on her blog. I love her style, always have. We used the same colors but switched up some of the stamps. Like Michelle, we started with the Petals jumbo wheel in pink passion. We added some of the stamps from Polka Dots & Petals in green galore, only orange and tempting turquoise. We made a series of cards using the colors as our guide and this is one of them. The sentiment is from the Polka Dots & Posies set and the flower is from Polka Dots and Paisley. I think we used every Polka Dots set out there on this card, LOL!! We punched an only orange round tab for the side and tied a piece of dark pink gingham ribbon through the front. I think the ribbon came from Walmart, I can't remember. A few black brads finished it off. Really not a fancy card but I love the bright, cheerful nature of it. We ended up making 3 complete sets of our cards on Sunday, one to keep and 2 to give. What a great time of stamping!!
Blessings on your day!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

It's a very cute card! I too bought the BB first and rarely use it now. I love combining RR with SS though and EE with RR. But to each his own. :0) Love this--it IS very cheery!!

Anonymous said...

This is the prettiest card I have ever seen. You are truly an artist. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your creations and hearing about your everyday life.

Doris
Hampton VA