I got 3 of the new Cuttlebug embossing folders last week. They are more on the funky side and I have not been in the mood to use them. Honestly, lacking ideas is more accurate. The Spots and Dots one reminded me of washers, as in hardware, bolts, screws, washers. I ran a piece of copper card stock through the CB with the idea of creating the look of metal hardware. Now what?! Do you ever do that, create something and have no idea where to go next? It would look nice on a masculine card perhaps with an automotive theme but I don't have such stamps. From there I decided on a color scheme: really rust, chocolate chip and naturals ivory. Petal Prints is always a good stand by so I went with that. The main flower is inked with really rust, chocolate chip and always artichoke markers. I spritzed with water before stamping and once it dried I went over it again for more detail. It looked lonely so I added some perfect plum heather. The glow of yellow is added with summer sun chalk. The chalk is much easier to add than watercolor since it does not smear you previous work. I punched out one of the embossed circles from the left-over piece and attached it with a brad. I am not sure I like it though. The dragonfly brad was a last minute addition. When I went to assemble the pieces the rust card looked too bare so I inked up my new Cornish Heritage Farms rice paper background stamp in rust ink and it did the trick. Even with the flowers I think this could go to a guy because of the darker colors and all the texture going on. It was a totally backwards way of designing a card but I like the results.
Thanks for stopping by!