Friday, April 20, 2007

Tagged!

Sarah, Monika and Lesa tagged me yesterday. The latest tagging game is to list your top 5 favorite blogs. Blogland seems to have exploded in recent months!! I wish I had time to keep up with them all. Each blog I visit links other wonderful sites, it is a never ending sea of talent and enjoyable reading. My top 5 for now are:
Sweet and Sassy Notes, I love Annas tales of the farm and her amazing photographs. Her stamping is always something to drool over.
Thinking Inking, Debbie Olsons blog is one of the first ones I bookmarked and is still a fav
Yvettes Paper Garden, Yvette has serious skill when it comes to watercoloring!!
Valerie Stangles blog is another fav, I have always loved her stuff
Cambrias blog Stamp a Little love Baby cracks me up! I love her use of color--bold and bright!



Here is a card that came as a result of one of my linking fests one day. I tried to find the blog again so I could share it with you but alas I can not retrace my steps to it. I think it was even an international blogger if that helps. Anyway, she did a different take on the ghosting technique. Normally for ghosting you use Versamark on glossy card stock. For this version you use white craft ink on regular paper. For this card I used very vanilla and randomly stamped the leaf and block stamp from Art of Life using the white craft ink. Heat set it to make sure it is fully dry. Then I took out my now retired SU chalk inks and dragged them across the card stock until I had colors I liked. In between each color I took a piece of paper towel and rubbed it over the ink, this helped to dry it as well as blend out the edges. After you wipe the ghosted images reappear---cool eh? After I was done with my background I stamped the flower from AOL in black ink and added the sentiment from Carte Postale. It is matted with black and mounted onto old olive. I imagine this would work with chalk and pigment inks, not so sure about dye inks. Something new to try.
The sun is finally shining here in WNY, I hope to get out to enjoy it. Blessings on your day!

6 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh, I love it! Thanks for the directions!

Barb said...

beautiful! I think I saw a link to this Stamping Matilda's site.. was this it?

http://papierenavonturen.web-log.nl/papierenavonturen/2006/10/weer_online_onl.html

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card....really like the effect. Think we could do this with regular classic ink and sponges???

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very pretty. Great technique. Love the colors and your choice of stamp. :o)

Rose Ann said...

This is such a pretty look, and I love the effect it gives. I still love that stamp set.

Anonymous said...

You might have been at Stamping Mathildas blog. Shes been using the ghosting technique in a few recent projects. If it wasnt her, its worth looking at her blog. she is an extremely talented stamper.
stampingmathilda.blogspot.com
your project turned out beautifully!