Saturday, June 30, 2007

Follow Me...

We are busy party hopping this week. We are trying to hit every graduation party we have been invited to (15 at last count) and today we have going away picnic to attend that our Sunday school class is having for us. The timing of all these parties is great, I don't have to cook much which is great when you are trying to pack and move.

This afternoon we have a grad party for a young man who is heading off to bible college with the goal of becoming a pastor. He will make a great pastor someday. This card is for him. It uses the retired SU set, Angler, as well as a long ago retired wheel of shells. I dragged out my watercolor crayons for this one and just worked at it until it was what I wanted. The old olive watercolor crayon didn't give me dark enough color so I did use the OO ink pad to add some deeper green tones. The sentiment is made with Karen Foster snap stamps. I used the Cheesecloth BG stamp on the olive mat behind the main image and all the edges of the naturals ivory card stock are sponged with close to cocoa ink for an aged look. I mounted it all onto a close to cocoa card base and added just a small bit of embellishments in the form of a button and some linen thread.

My new catalogs arrived. I had to have a moment of silence when I saw SU did in fact let me down. Like It A latte did not make the new catty. Neither did the Polka Dot Posies set from last summer. Oh yeah...there are plenty of new things to love so I will just have to get over it I guess. I think I am most excited about some of the new papers and embellishments.
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an original card for someone going in the ministry. I am sure he will love it and cherish it forever. You have such a way with making just the right card for an occasion. And your coloring is superb. I check your blog each day before anyone elses. I wish you God Speed on your new journey. You sound like a wonderful family. Would you like to come to my Methodist Church!

Kristine said...

Oh My goodness...mom has this set, so I'm totally going to have to CASE you on this. Both your latest cards in fact! This is just so awesome...love EVERYTHING about it. You are so talented. What an awesome card for that occassion.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What an awesome card. I love the combination of color, sentiment and stamps.