Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Jumbo Snow Wheel

Last night I made a one sheet wonder of sorts with the jumbo wheel, Snow. I wheeled a sheet of glossy white card stock with basic grey ink. I had in mind to use grey and sky blue. It is a bit hard to see but I embossed 2 different snowflakes over the words using clear EP for a resist technique. I used my brayer with the rubber attachment to cover the sheet in sky blue ink. Once it dried I wiped it with a cloth to remove the ink from the embossing. I cut several pieces to use as a bottom panel, layering it with basic grey. It needed some color so for each card I added one accent color. The mug is a Whipper Snapper stamp, I love it's size. One mug is done with wild wasabi and sky blue and the other with purely pomegranate and sky blue. I used Stardust Stickles on the steam for added fun. The snowman is from the SU hostess set Perfect Presentation. I used the Stickles on the falling snow to add sparkle on that card. The sentiment is from PaperTrey's Holiday Wishes set.
If you click on the photo you can get a closer look at all the details. I loved doing the OSW with the wheel and resist embossing. This is a great way to get a set of cards done for a gift.
Enjoy your day!

No comments: