Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Class Samples

There hasn't been a lot of stamping goin' on at my house these last couple of days. I did have a class at church tonight so I thought I would show you those samples. My class is made up of mostly new stampers and we get together to make a few projects and chat around the table.
The first one is a modification of a card I did last year that you can see here. The oval is by Amuse and the penguin is from the retired SU set, Polar Pals. We used the Cuttlebug hearts folder for the background. I had left over pieces so this card was made after I came home. I added some black gingham ribbon and left off the "Be Mine" sentiment we used in class.

The second card uses the new Hostess level 1 set, A Little Bit of Happiness." As soon as I saw it I had in mind to make a large floating image/window card. Forgive the poor photo, this card is not easily photographed, but you get the idea. We created the opening by repeatedly punching a 1 3/8" square. We stamped the long image once on the inside of the card and once on acetate. We lined up the two images and adhered the acetate between the celery and the card base. That gives it a polished look inside and out. We used markers to color in the image inside the card and used a black glaze pen to add just a few accents onto the acetate. When the card is closed the image appears to float. This card proved to be a little tricky and when I came home I had several pieces of botched attempts. Some went right to the scrap box but this one was salvageable. The opening was just a bit unevern. To cover that up, I made a frame from black card stock to go over top. If Ihadn't told you, you'd never know! We had used pink ribbon in class but the black ribbon went better once I added the black frame. You can click on the photo for a closer look.
As always, it was a fun time with the ladies.
I am off to bed....Good Night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the card with the acetate, but i just am not understanding how it all goes together. is it mounted on all the seperate square then attached?
it is beautifully done!

tyrymom29 said...

I really love these cards !!! Very nice !!

Emily said...

These are very pretty! I love the penguin!

Mary Duffek said...

Cute cards! The penguin is too cute!

To your prev. post on Monday.
I {heart} Mr. Darcy too....(dreamy Collin F..) LOL!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Wonderful cards, both of them! Love the little window looking onto the flowers! And the penguin... cheek-pinchin' cute!

Anonymous said...

These cards are very pretty.
I received a wonderful envelope full of great things. Thanks so much.
Linda Peterson

Anonymous said...

Oh My GOODNESS! I tried your GORGEOUS card but maaannn....what a pain in the patootie! I must say, once it is done, there is a HUGE sense of accomplishment! Thanks for sharing such a cool idea!