Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Embellished Frame

Good morning! February's Dirty Dozen product focus was epoxy, either in liquid form or preformed. Epoxy stickers and plain page pebbles are quite popular at the moment. I found a rather large stash of page pebbles in my scrapbooking supplies and set out to alter a simple picture frame I had. In the end I did not post this to the gallery but the idea is still worth sharing. I love this photo of my younger son. It was taken last August while we vacationed in the Finger Lakes. This was the day he got up on waterskiis, it was awesome! Anyway, back to the frame. I used a combination of DP from the Creative License scrap kit, old olive and blue bayou card stock. The detail of the DP is lost in the photo but adds a lot IRL. I punched out 3/4" circles of the paper and stuck them to the page pebbles. Then I simply glued them to the frame in a random pattern. The metal charm on the bottom reads "spirit". The frame cost me $4.00 so it was an inexpensive project but I like the whimsy of it.
I had a question about where to find the boxes I used for the ribbon. I have seen them at craft stores like Micheals and Joannes. Target has also carried them or something similar. Those snap together boxes are popular these days so keep your eyes open in various stationary departments as well in storage departments at larger stores. Tomorrow I hope to share another ribbon storage idea, a new and clever idea. See you then.

No comments: