Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Inspire Me!

Today I am sharing a sample I made for a Dare to Get Dirty challenge hosted by Jenn. For all of Wednesdays challenges see here. For the gallery of samples for this inspiration challenge, look here.
I love lime green but it is not always the easiest color to work with. Jenn gave us a fabulous inspiration piece that paired a brocade pattern with a splash of lime green....ooohhh it was yummy! When Holly (Toy) was here a couple of weekends ago she helped me piece my ideas together for this project. It all started with a file folder. Some time ago I purchased a set of file folders that had a black and vanilla pattern on them. I think I found them at Tuesday Morning, and like many things, it sat in a pile waiting for just the right idea. I folded and trimmed the folder to create a pocket that would hold a set of A2 cards and envies. The thickness of the folder was perfect and gave it a really classy look and feel. To dress it up even more, I used a strip of black velveteen paper to create the binding edge. I had some American Crafts dollar ribbon in lime green that I used for the accents. Holly and I were playing with the JustRite monogram stamper and this seemed like it would make a lovely monogram ensemble. To add a touch of green to the monogram, I stamped one of the stamps from SU's retired Garden Silouettes set with a lime green Colorbox chalk ink. The front of the folder also uses some pewter Hodge Podge hardware. I used some of the left over file folder pieces as accents on my cards as well as some scallop Nestie dies and a Fiskars border punch. You might not be able to see this, but I also embellished the pen using some Magenta silver stickers. I like how the lime and brocade pattern combine to create a modern/vintage feel. Who'd a thunk it??


Thanks for visiting!! I hope you will check out the challenges to see all the lovely things that people come up with....better yet....play along!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy this is a STUNNING project!

Gail S. said...

Really pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Kind said...

This is very clever and classy! I just made one of these, but just used cardstock! Those file folders are a great idea! Now I'm on the hunt!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh I simply adore this set. The colors are classy and fun. Great job!

Bec said...

Wow.... I just love your creation. The colors are gorgous. They look like items you would purchase at a Hallmark Store, actually even better. So professional. Thanks for the inspiration. Rebecca ~ www.becluvs2scrap.blogspot.com