Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wanna Salsa??

Here is the salsa recipe I used. The only change I made was to only use 2 jalapeno peppers cause we are heat wimps. As written, I think it makes a more medium to hot salsa so go according to your tastes. It makes a thick and chunky salsa that is very yummy! My food processor made this a quick thing to put together as well.

8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
1 green peppers, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons pepper
1/8 cup canning salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste

Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minute.
Put into pint sized jars, seal and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Makes 6-8 pints.

We are off to picnic with friends, hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Virginia Killmore said...

I love your blog so I nominated it for I {heart} your blog award!! You probably have already been nominated Thanks for the inspirations! Virginia