Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bags

Happy Thursday! Only one more day until the weekend.
At a workshop this past weekend we did a mini gift bag for the holidays. This is the time of year for gift giving and paper crafting allows us to make much of our own gift wrap. It is a quick and simple way to really personalize our gift. The bag we made used 2 pieces of 4.25" by 5.5" cardstock, so you could get 2 bags from one sheet! I found some small lunch style bags in the party section of Target, they came 16 to a bag and I think they were 1.99, so just 13 cents a bag. They were originally taller and I cut them down to 4" to fit our design. The bag on the left in the picture below is the one we made at the workshop. It uses riding hood red, kiwi kiss, baja breeze, very vanilla and the new holiday DP. We used 3 punches, the wide oval, 1 3/8" circle and the scallop circle. The snowflake is from the Winter Post set and we added a half pearl from the Pretties kit as well as a bit of chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. Sticky Strip is best when adhering the cardstock to the bag. It was a good assortment of products to demonstrate.
I came home with a few extra supplies so I made them up with a few changes. Above is a shot of the sides of the bags and you can see we also added some DP to the back as well. I will set them aside for later (they fold up nicely for storing) when I am sure I will have need of some small gift bag.
It's not too late to plan ahead for the holidays!
Blessings on your day.

2 comments:

Renee said...

So so cute and a great idea!

ChristineCreations said...

These are SO cute Tracy, I was just thinking about trying to teach something like this at my next club. Great inspiration girl!