Friday, November 21, 2008

Winner and More...

So, my son picked a winner for the recipe holder and it is.................
Michelle with the Maple French Toast bake recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Michelle, send me your address and I will get it out in the mail to you.

There were some good looking (and I am sure good tastin') recipes in the bunch, I look forward to trying them out.

I have had several requests to do a tutorial on the purse card holder. I am doing a craft show tomorrow so I am tied up with prep for that. Look for a tutorial early next week. I am tickled you like it so well, it shows much better in person too.

The craft show I am doing tomorrow sounds like a smaller, local show so I haven't been making myself crazy with preparations. Instead of buying more supplies and making tons of an item, I am trying to use up some of the stash I already have. That means I have smaller amounts of each kind of item, but this has been more fun and it uses up some things that really needed to be used up. This magnetic memo board is a perfect example. I had a handful of these acrylic 9x12 magnetic frames left from a project I did last year. I had enough cork board to make up 3 boards and each one is a bit different. This one is my favorite of the three and I may just have to keep it!

I layered some Cosmo Cricket paper I bought last year with some chocolate chip and slid it into the frame. You could interchange the paper for more diversity as long as what you put on the front wasn't so seasonal like mine. Some of you may remember a post from last fall where I talked about covering all these Cosmo Cricket chipboard shapes. It was so fun to do but then I didn't put them to use...silly I know! The snowman seemed perfect so I attached him to the front of the frame with sticky dimensionals I bought from Jody. The "let it snow" are Thickers letters, also attached to the front. I stamped some snowflakes onto the cork with chalk ink and adhered some buttons onto thumbtacks. There are also 2 clips that I glued on so you could hang photos or lists from the board.
On the other ones I put a 3x3 Post it pack for notes and you can add a pen as well. The options are many!! And it is a quick and easy gift idea that is so practical. I stuck this one to the front of my fridge and it looks quite happy there.
Have a great weekend!!

No comments: