Friday, January 16, 2009

Bear Hugs

I love the new Kim Hughes stamp sets!! My LSS had just gotten them in when I stopped by last week and I snatched up 2 of them! You can find them at Cornish Heritage Farms.

This fold was one I learned years ago when I first started to stamp. I go back to it every now and then and at my last class, I shared it with the ladies. We made a very similar card but when I got home I used some of my left over pieces to make a stepped up version using some DP by Basic Grey. I used the Scallop Circle Nesties for some added fun. The bear image was embossed with chocolate chip craft ink/clear EP and water colored with SU inks. The heart punch out on the front has a brad on it and they are what keep the front flap closed. I just put a dimensional behind the left side of the heart. In the photo below you can see what it looks like when you begin to open it.

And here is the inside, isn't it fun?? The sign I colored with Copics. You could embellish the inside flaps in so many different ways. The card opens kinda like a present, I like the excitement of it all, lol!!

You can make your flaps any size you wish, play around with it depending on the stamps you plan to use!
Hope you have a great day!! Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Renee said...

How cute! I love pink and brown together...and the bear...just too cute!

diane zechman said...

very cute Tracy! That looks like such a fun set!

Norine said...

this is so creative love how the bear looks fuzzy and the way the card opens
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Very neat fold!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I like your cool fold. :)