Wednesday, March 04, 2009

WS Wednesday

The week is flying by! We have not been slammed with the snow much of the NE is getting but we are getting the bitter cold temps.

For today's Whipper Snapper card, I thought I would use Anna's fab Polka Dot Mug stamp. I am not a coffee drinker but a hot cup of cocoa would hit the spot today. I was in the mood for kraft today, adding white Palette ink with a sponge tip applicator and water coloring the rest with kiwi kiss and elegant eggplant. The sentiment is from Anna's cling set, Sweet Expressions. The polka dot background is from CHF. I bought one of those new EK Success locking punches on my trip to Michael's the other day. I love this border design!!
Last night a couple of my stamping buddies were over and they wanted me to show them how to do this Lauren Meader tote. I made one in January and it caught their eye.

I chose a different color scheme on this one. TIP: when punching the circle at top for the handle, push the punch in as far as it will go. I didn't do that and it left a bit of a wimpy handle. I seem to remember making that same mistake last time too. Warning...slow learner ahead! So, I punched out a scallop circle to fit over top making it a bit more sturdy. The paper is more of that MME I used the other day. It pairs perfectly with tangerine tango. I used that EK punch again on the white border. That great matching twill came from Taylored Expressions. The stamp is from the SAB set, Polka Dot Punches and I stamped it onto the reverse side of the DP. The box really is a great size to work with and will fit a good amount of stuff.
I have avoided it long enough, I must go grocery shopping. Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

diane zechman said...

very cute projects! I will be on the hunt for that punch this weekend- I've seen it all over the place! hopefully they won't be sold out!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I SO want that punch! Great colors on these projects Tracy!

I sent my husband grocery shopping this week. UGH, not my favourite chore.

Thanks for the great info on the reno project too...we're still in the investigation phase. Now my brothers new baby has us all distracted, but I'd love to chat sometime as we get a little further!

Have a great day!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love that coffee mug - cute with the dots.