Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Lure of Spring

Our weather has been so insane! Last week we froze, on Saturday we had sunshine and high 70's, Sunday was in the low 50's and who knows what it will be today. But the glimpses of sunshine and warm temps remind me that spring is slowly coming and soon we will see green grass and tulips once again.



This is the card I made for the NVR swap this past weekend. I just love these Shady Tree flowers by Cornish Heritage Farms but I am not sure I thought through watercoloring 33 of them, lol. The swap was for card fronts but I went with a shaped card using the curved rectangle Spellbinder die. The DP is October Afternoon. All the watercoloring was done with SU inks onto smooth watercolor paper.

Here is a shot of the board with the shoebox projects displayed from Saturday's Spring Fest. There were some amazing ideas!! You will definitely want to click on the photo for a closer look.


The last two weeks have been a bit crazy at our house. On a complete whim, we decided to go to Cleveland to see the Indians play the Red Sox. The Harps are most definitely Red Sox fans and have been for many years. We have tickets for tomorrow nights game. We will leave after school/work today so that means we have time tomorrow to do a couple fun things before the game. There is an Archivers nearby that I can't wait to go to, I have never been. Then I think we will look into visiting the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Sometimes you just have to inject a bit of fun and adventure into life!
I will be back in a few days! Thanks for visiting my bitty corner of the web!



5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wow - how pretty! love the nesty cutting and the lovely tulip! Stamping 33 of anything gets very tiring! kudos to you for getting it done! Looks like you all got some fun inspiration in your swap!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty and so much pretty in person...I know cause I've got one! LOL!

Have fun on your adventure! The R&R Hall of Fame is fabulous! I spent over 4 hours there! I've never been to an Archiver's, but I'd love to get to one! Enjoy!

Helen Ding said...

Lovely card, gorgeous image!

Cheryl said...

This is so beautiful! I'm so lucky I got one!
Have a great time away!

Jody Morrow said...

Oh wow! That is a gorgeous card! LOVE IT!