Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Daisy Maisy

I had a couple of questions about the grunge flowers I posted. All the flowers, leaves and stems were stamped onto the grunge board/paper with Rangers Jet black archival ink and then cut out. It was a lot of cutting and by the end of the night it really aggravated the tendinitis in my elbow!! Cutting through the board feels like you are cutting through rubber and Wendy recommended the Tim Holtz's Tonic scissors. I used my SU craft and rubber scissors which worked well. The paper is much easier to cut obviously! You can cut both with various die cuts as well and some punches will work on the paper. Wendy had a really cool project that I am waiting to make and will post to share later. Like I said earlier, much of her style is way different than mine so I am trying to use some of the ideas we learned and adapt them to my style and supplies. It may be a complete flop, who knows, lol.
After our SCS Spring Fest last weekend, we had a private shopping time scheduled at Buffalo Stamps. The owner set up a make n take for everyone and they gave away prizes as people shopped, I told you they are awesome! She had stocked the store before our trip and I picked up a new Stamping Bella Ketto stamp. They are so adorable!

The paper is MME and I used Copics to color her. The wings and tiara have clear Spica pen added for a bit of sparkle. The orange twill is from Taylor's store.
Today is a work day, so I am off to get ready, ugh!
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Diana said...

(hear me singing) a-dor-a-ble!

I love the new kettos!!

Starla said...

Thanks for the info on how you did the flowers....I need to get over my fear of cutting into the paper "in case I was to ruin it" and just DO IT!!!
Cute little ketto (hehe..talking about style...I think they are soooo cute yet they are so NOT my style! lol)

Anonymous said...

please do get the Tim Holtz scissors. they make anything easy to cut, and they are so easy to clean.. just wipe .. my stampiin up had to be cleaned with goo gone all the time... your card is so sweet luv it...MaryAnn