Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Soft Blooms

I earned a couple of free sets during SU's SAB and Wonderful Watercolors was top on my list. It is such a lovely set. When I first started stamping, 2-step stamp sets were some of my fav's because they made beautiful cards without coloring. That was before I learned how to watercolor and use Copics. I still enjoy the 2-step stamps and the added bonus on this set is that you can still color the outline stamps for more versatility.
This is the card I made for MIL for Mother's Day.

The shaped card (basic gray) was done with the Spellbinders Curved Rectangle dies, I love the added interest such a simple step can give! I used SU ink to watercolor the flower (mellow moss, coral cameo, baja breeze). The DP is from the Cosmo Cricket line Ever After. I added basic gray taffeta ribbon and some pearls. The tag is another Spellbinder die and the sentiment is from the SU's retired Fancy Flexible Phrases. This one was hard for me to give away but my MIL is the best and it was a joy to make this for her!
Have a great day!

7 comments:

Starla said...

Just LOVELY!

Diana said...

Ooooh, stamptacular! I love it love it love it! I have a thing for lots of green on cards... :D

Julia Aston said...

love your colors and the nestie cut - the pearls look sweet on this!

Cheryl said...

Beatuiful and elegant, Tracy! This one is a keeper! She must be very special to have parted with this! You've had some gret posts lately!! Thanks for sharing!

smallcity said...

Beautiful, Beautiful!!!


smallcity

Leonie Castro said...

it's beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

I SO love your color choices Tracy. They are soft and lovely. Great use of the nesties too.