Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall Bloomin' Bella

I shared last week that we had guests over Labor Day weekend. One of the things we did was to work a bit with Copic markers, kind of a mini lesson if you will. We stamped a sheet full of images and used them as our practice board. What good are tools if you don't know how to use them, right? I think Jennifer is off to a good start, now practice is the best path to improvement. We used one of my favorite images to color, this Bella...

I like her in fall colors. The pattern in her skirt was created by
1) coloring it in
2) using the tip of the colorless blender to make dots. The longer you hold it in place, the more color is displaced. And the bigger the dots get. It doesn't really take long at all to get effect. A light hand is usually best, you can always go back over it again if you'd like.

I added some clear Spica glitter pen to her wings, but the camera doesn't pick it up. Somehow I think fairy wings should look transparent and sparkly. The rest of the card is pretty straight forward.

Are you new to something? Do you have tools in your stash that you avoid because you don't know how to use them properly? Do you know of anyone that can help you out? Tap them on the shoulder for a quick lesson. Search You Tube, it is amazing what all is on there, lol! Most importantly, play around and practice, practice, practice!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

She's beautiful! I love the Fall colors and never thought of using those with this stamp - but I will now! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work!

Heidi Karpen said...

Lovely card, Tracy! What a great challenge to use something you have not played with and become more comfortable with it. My challenge is to use paper in my stash as a starting point (it's a sickness, really!). Thansk fro sharing your lovely card!

ChristineCreations said...

oooo love your copic playing! The dots are fabulous! I think these images are adorable!