Monday, October 12, 2009

Jammin' Box!

I have canned more things this year than all previous years combined! It is hard to believe I once had canning phobia. When I survey all the jars on the shelf I am like a proud mama watching over her chicks, lol. We have been enjoying salsa, canned peaches, bread & butter pickles, apple sauce and 7 different kinds of jam. I have officially reached the "no more" stage. I simply can not look at one more canning jar!

Now, what to do with it all? A family can only eat so much. I will lovingly give it away as gifts over the holidays. These jars of yummy goodness deserve to be gift wrapped in spectacular fashion so I designed a gift box/bag for the 8 oz jars. Since I have quite a few to make, the design needed to be minimal on supplies and time. Check it out...

Too bad the camera doesn't pick up all the sparkly glitter on the image!!

Even if you don't have canned goodies to package, this box makes beautiful packing for many different things. Wanna know how to make one yourself? Then head on over to the Cornish Heritage Farms blog where I have posted a step by step tutorial complete with photos! After you are done reading the tutorial, be sure to leave a comment so you can be in the drawing for a pack of Thomas Kinkade papers and the Vintage Holiday Expressions stamp set.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

GORGEOUS box! Wow! I love it, Tracy! (I have canning phobia...)

Jean Franks Beck said...

Tracy, your tutorial and boxes are awesome!! And.. that Christmas box can be used for anything - wouldn't it look cute hanging on the tree, with a little gift card and tissue paper inside? Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful idea!

ChristineCreations said...

HOW stunning! I bet the shimmer and shine makes it even more outstanding. Such a beautiful gift box for something from your heart and home!