Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wanna Piece of Me??

It is time again for the monthly Dirty Dozen/DD alumni challenge over on Splitcoast. This month Jody (aka Kharmagirl) hosted our challenge. Here is what she laid out...

The Challenge: Use paper piecing on your card!!
Required Element: Fall OR Christmas Colors!!
Restricted Element: None...that's how I roll

I can do that! I chose a very large poinsettia stamp I bought years ago, made by Magenta. I dug deep into my paper stash to use up some older Cosmo Cricket paper from the Wonderland collection.

I stamped and embossed the image 4 times using gold EP. Each layer is up on dimensionals and I also added brushes of gold Pearl Ex to the centers of each petal. In person it really shines.

I have finally mastered the Bow Easy and don't need to sit in front of a You Tube video anymore when I am making a bow, lol. Can you say "slow learner"?? I tell my kids often "it's only easy if you know how to do it" and now I can say it is easy. When my son tries to tell me how "easy" skateboarding is I reply by telling him about as easy as making an apple cheese torte or doing fractions in math. He really struggles with math so he gets my point. Now my point gets lost when I make him practice his math and he tells me I just need to practice skateboarding. HA! Me doing an ollie?? In your dreams, son!

Check out the other piecing challenge creations here.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

This is lovely Tracy, gorgeous rich feel with the colours and the texture from the embossing and ribbon!