Friday, November 06, 2009

Comin' Round the Mountain....

is another fab train set from Cornish Heritage Farms. This is the second of 4 train sets being released from the B&O line. This one is called Silhouette Train. Just like the first set, this one has so many possibilities. Here are a couple samples I made.

This first one uses the sweet silhouette image of the conductor and children. I was inspired to pair it with a verse from the Friendly Kritter's Scripture set.

Isn't the image sweet?? I used some Spellbinder dies for the frame and "curtain". The paper is from October Afternoon's Road Map pack.

This sample is more vintage in feel, lots of Distress ink added to the edges.

When I showed it to Greg he asked me where I got the old ticket from. Score!! My idea worked, lol. I stamped the ticket onto smooth vanilla, cut it out, folded it into quarters and rubbed Antique Linen Distress ink onto the folds and edges. My last step was to use my distress tool to tear up the edges a bit. The fun paper is from a 4" pack of Jenni Bowlin papers I bought at my LSS. My Dymo label maker is seeing much more love from me these days. I think I may need to go get some of those pastel colored rolls.

The design team created some fantastic samples with this set. From a primary colored boy card to a black and white masked stunner. I encourage you to check out the gallery here. There is a second release as well, a set called "You Drive Me Crazy" from the GM line. If you struggle with masculine cards you will get lots of inspiration from today's releases.

That makes 5 days in a row for me this week! I think I'll take the weekend off and hopefully create some more things to share next week.

Blessings on your weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Tracy I love both of these! They are both just as cute as can be!