Friday, November 13, 2009

TGIF

I took the morning off on Wednesday so a friend of mine could help me with a sewing project. We managed to finish everything (thanks Sheryl!) but by the end I could feel my body getting achy. When I got home I laid on the sofa and began to shake uncontrollably. It physically hurt to shake that bad. So yesterday I stayed home sick. The flu maybe. I am going to try to go to work today but I don't anticipate making it a full day.
I did want to share that the $5 Martha Stewart punches were not a mistake! I found more at a different store and also heard from some of you that you found them to be on sale. Yippee! So glad I can enable, er help, lol.

On Tuesday night I had another Christmas card Stamp a Stack. Here is one of the cards we made...

My friend Lynn just recently purchased this stamp by Memory Box and was kind enough to let us borrow it for the class. We added gold glitter dots to the centers of the flowers.

I brought some apples and dip to snack on and all the ladies asked for the dip recipe. So, I made a recipe card. I used part of a new stamp being released today by CHF called Kitchen Window.


Here's the recipe for Toffee Apple Dip

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 bag toffee bits (Heath or Scor)

Sliced apples

Beat everything but toffee in a bowl until blended. Stir in toffee. Serve with sliced apples.

Alternative: Substitute 1 cup chopped peanuts for toffee bits

Well, I am off to attempt a few hours of work. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Hearts Turned said...

I'm so sorry you're sick, Tracy! Sounds like it's getting all of us! I'm in the middle of a craft fair I have to do, and I'll I want to do is stay home with my yucky cold! Oh, well! Your card is beautiful, and the recipe--YUM! Off to check the new stamp set--exciting! Feel better!