Friday, January 15, 2010

Spring Chicks

It's Friday! I am ready for a long weekend, yahoo!!

Today is the release of "Spring Chicks and More" at CHF.




Told you it was full of fun images! I am having a ball coloring all these cuties. I had my boys in mind when I made this one...

We're always telling them to work hard at school, that for now that is their "job". The Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend paper fit the bill. I recently purchased some thin adhesive backed cork from Quickutz, it stamped on very nicely. The sentiment is from the Encouragement Centers set and reads, "Genius is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration". So true isn't it? Boys have no appreciation for embellishments so this card has none but the cork gives it enough texture and interest.
Well, other than chipping my front tooth yesterday (mutter, mutter, mutter), I had a lovely birthday. Thanks for all the well wishes.
My guys are going out on a Klondike this weekend. For those non-Boyscout moms out there, a Klondike is winter camping. Outdoors. In the snow. Fun. Or so they tell me, I am not eager to find out first hand, lol. We have had a fair amount of snow and bitter cold temps but today the snow is beginning to melt and they are so disappointed. It may turn out to be mud camping. I will console my lonely self with lots of stamping!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Oh these little ones are SO cute! I love how you've used the cork too Tracy!

KymKreates said...

Perfect for a young man!!!!! Cute cute cute!!!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Tracy!! Love the birthday card you made, and this little chickie as well - both adorable. Sorry to hear about your poor tooth... that couldn't have been a fun experience. Glad the rest of the day went well - they always do when your 29! ;)

Michele Boyer said...

This is totally adorable, Tracy! I love that sentiment with that chicky image! :)