Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MMMM.....Alfredo

Let's talk comfort food. Warm, creamy, ignore-the-calorie-count kinda food. Easy enough to whip together on a work night and still impress the guests. I will say though, I don't make it often because of the calorie factor. Here is my Alfredo with chicken and peas. Give me credit for at least throwing in some green veggies, lol.


I like it when I find something that everyone likes. My guys are thankfully not real fussy but you know it's good when they want seconds. This recipe is very versatile, try shrimp or broccoli or other favorites in your house. This is a good use of left-over chicken but I sometimes cheat when the Purdue Shortcut pre-cooked strips are on sale.
Of course, I had to make a recipe card to go into my new binder.

I used some of the delicious new Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety paper that I ordered from Ellen's store. I crafted my own pea pod out of cardstock using SU's small oval and 3/4" circle punches. I used SU's certainly celery and garden green, sponging the edges with matching ink. I really like that the 4x6 size gives me room to add a strip of paper along the left edge. It might lend some uniformity to my recipe cards, not that I was looking to do that, but I am good with it.
side note: we are big fans of garlic bread at our house. Sometimes we buy the garlic Texas toast in the freezer aisle but sometimes we just want to use up bread we have. We have started to use Tastefully Simple's Garlic Bread Seasoning. OH MY! It is really good stuff!
That's all for now! Our boys are off at their grandparent's house so we might take in a movie at the dollar theater. A rare treat!

No comments: