Sunday, June 20, 2010

Celebrate the Dads!

Happy Father's Day! I hope you are having a good day. The weather is glorious today in Upstate NY and hubby has returned from his 2 weeks away. Normally we are all about grilling steak on FD but some key components of the family are missing. Our 2 boys are en route back from Connecticut with the grandparents and aren't expected in until late. They have spent the past few days at a Wood Turners Symposium. Our oldest attended the symposium 2 years ago and won a mini lathe set up. He turns some incredible pens and gifts. I have told him I would gladly offer some of his items for sale to my readers but friends and family buy it up before we get a chance. Now our youngest had a chance to go learn how to turn and guess what? He won a lathe too!! Can you believe that?! The wood chips are going to be flyin' in the basement this summer. I love that they have the opportunity to learn skills like this.

Anyway, I will take hubby out for steak. He deserves to be celebrated! He is an incredible man of God and a wonderful father. I am so fortunate! I made a card that the boys will give him along with a special gift they bought him.
This image is a digital one from Mo Manning. Perfect for Father's Day. I colored him with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. The paper is some old Cosmo Cricket and a scrap from a DCWV pack. I think he'll like it!

By the end of the day the family will finally all be back together again. I can't wait!

Tomorrow is week #3 for the CHF Summer Fling and I am again participating in the blog hop. Hope to see you then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great card, Tracy! And sweet comments about your hubby. He seems like a wonderful guy and I'm so glad you are enjoying your lives together.
Bonnie