Friday, September 03, 2010

Fluttering by

Just seven hours of work stand between me and a 3 day weekend! I don't even care that rain is in the forecast for a few days. I am ready to chill out and hopefully get creative for a bit.

Here is a card I made earlier this week. Purple is not a favorite of mine and I struggle to use just about any shade of it. Consider this card a personal challenge.

This adorable bear is from Stampavie. I tried something a bit different with my shading around the image, using my Copic marker to create dots instead of smooth coloring. Not sure what I think about it.

Well, I am off to tackle those 7 hours of work! Have a great weekend! I will be back with a card again on Monday.

3 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Oh so cute! You did a great job with the purple (not one of my favs either but love it here)! And I really like the dots around the bear! Have a great weekend!

ChristineCreations said...

He's so cute! I love his chubby little tummy! Love the dots around the image...I often use pointillism. I'm with you on the purple too, sometimes it works but I don't usually gravitate toward it.

Bonnie said...

What a cute card!! Love the purple with peachy tones. I always love your cards, no matter what colors you use!
Happy Holiday weekend to you!