Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Holly Jolly Sneak Peek

I have one more sample of the Just Believe set to share but I will hold off until tomorrow so I can show you samples of a different set today. This set is called Holly Jolly and it is a bit more on the contemporary side.

This first card has been floating around my head for awhile, just waiting for the right stamp to come along. The wreath in the set was just the ticket. I started with a base of kraft cardstock and cut some scraps of kraft to form panels for the door. I used a background stamp with a woodgrain pattern on all the kraft pieces, sponging all the edges before adhering the door panels to the card front. I stamped the wreath onto cream card stock, colored it with Copics, cut it out and added red Stickles over the berries. To finish off the look, I added a brown brad for the knob. Other than a bit of cutting, this card was pretty simple to create. I forgot to take a photo of the inside, I stamped the wreath tone on tone and over top I stamped one of the sentiments included in the set "Thank you for your thoughtfulness this holiday season". Because Greg is a pastor we are the lucky recipients of lots of fun homemade goodies at Christmas. This will make a great thank you to send for someone's hospitality or kind gift this coming season.

I stayed with the kraft theme for the second card. I stamped the ornament image onto cream card stock and die cut it with a Spellbinder circle die. I chose lighter Copic colors for a more subdued feel. It is framed with a Spellbinder scalloped circle in light blue. The DP is from Basic Grey. A 1" page pebble would almost be a perfect fit over this ornament but I didn't have any on hand. Instead I covered the whole thing with Glossy Accents and left it to dry for several hours. The glossiness begs you to touch it.

Today is the big release day so you can see (and buy) all 6 of the new sets over on Nancy's site. Between Nancy and the other gals on the DT, there are tons more samples to see.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Tracy, I am loving your clever idea with the door! It's perfect!!! And the glossy accents and soft colors on the ornament are adorable! Love your lace trim, too. Fantastic.

IamDerby said...

These are really pretty Tracy!

Angelnorth said...

Fab cards Tracy, love the door panels with the wreath and the soft colours of the ornament are perfect, great job!

Jennifer Scull said...

whoa nelly, I am loving these cards! super dee duper! :)

Lisa Kind said...

What a clever idea to create a door front for the card! I may have to "case" this idea! Love it! It will be perfect for your Christmas thank you cards! This ornament card is also very pretty! Love the kraft and soft colors. Great idea to use glossy accents on the ornament! I can just see me "touching" it! LOL!!!

PS...how's the puppy behaving? Love to see more pics!