Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Western Lace-STS Sneak #2

We are freezing our little patooties off here in Upstate NY! Highs of 8 degrees, snowing and blowing. Yuck!! I hope things are better where you are.

Today I have another sneak peek at a Shady Tree Studios release, this set is called "Western Lace". I have two pretty different kinds of cards just to show you the versatility of this set. The first one is more subtle and romantic.
The card base is 4 1/4" square and made of kraft. I masked off the strip on the left and repeatedly stamped one of the lace images in white ink. Between the thicker white ink and the more course kraft card stock the fine detail of the image got a bit lost but I still liked the subtle look. I created score lines along each side once the ink dried. The heart was die cut out of felt and I added one of the sentiments in the set.

I went a bit more literal with the next card, using some Cosmo Cricket Wanted paper for a western feel. This time I used brown ink and it captured all the lovely details in the star image.

I sponged plenty of Antique Linen Distress ink on the edges of the image before adding a decorative brad and some twine. It never hurts to have a few masculine cards on hand!

I hope you enjoyed my sneaks today, the other DT members will have more samples to see as well!


Tomorrow I just may have a prize up for grabs, be sure to check back!

7 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

these are both totally fab! love the simplicity of the first card - something I can not do to save my life..... and you have nailed it completely! the second one is absolutely perfect in every way for any guy! wonderful job! :)

Nancy said...

Wonderful cards, Tracy! The heart goes perfectly with the sentiment font and I love the lace background. And your "Wanted" card is so cool ~ the star is perfect with that brad in the center!

Pat said...

Those are neat! I just love how you did the first one!
Hugs, Pat Smith

IamDerby said...

Love that star card, its just perfect.

Roxie said...

Red and Kraft is always a nice combo, you used it well here, I also like the western feel of the second card.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

These are RIDICULOUSLY fabulous Tracy!! Just GORGEOUS!! I'm in total love with Sweet Romance and the Western Lace set!! Just awesome!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Lisa Silver said...

Seriously wonderful, Tracy!!! Making masculine cards are such a challenge for me... and these are perfect!