Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shabby Blooms

Today was my day to post on the Shady Tree Studios blog. I really am yearning for spring, to see the signs from the garden that life is renewing. And that winter is well behind us for this year. Soon.

With a stack of new paper pads on my desk, I am inspired by color and patterns. These pinks, browns and aquas call to me but to be honest, I am not the best at using them. But I forged ahead and created this card...

All the pattern papers are from a pack of Prima, totally luscious colors! The flower is stamped onto a lightly printed text pattern. Since I knew it would not hold up well to watercoloring, I used light colored Copic markers with a light hand to achieve a similar look.

There are two ladies from church taking about 20 teen girls to the Revolve Tour conference in Hartford, Ct. Brave ladies! This card is going to one of them with a note to let them know I am praying for their time away.

Thanks for stopping!

No comments: