Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cracked Postage

Today I have a sample to share using a new line of vintage stamps from Stampavie. This line of 10 images is very different from what you may have come to expect from them. It's good to shake things up now and again!

After pulling out some papers I liked, I colored the image with Copics and pencils and then distressed the edges with a bit of Vintage Photo ink. Then I used the cracked glass technique on the inset part of the image. In the original image the bottom left corner has a button but I topped it with a little brass colored flower trinket and a yellow brad. I stamped the image a second time and adhered the inside floral portion back into place.

It had been awhile since I created some cracked glass, I forgot how fun it was to bend and crack the embossed panel! When you adhere a piece of cracked glass be sure to use a good coverage of strong adhesive because they tend to want to curl up.

Were you a winner from the blog hop this weekend?? Be sure to check out Daisy's post here to see if your name was chosen.

See ya!

1 comment:

♥ Sonja Bekker ♥ said...

Hi Tracy,

Just like I already told you
This is Fabulous,Love it^_^"

Hugs
Sonja