Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Happy New Year! How are you? I hope you find your year off to a good start. I am still a bit in awe that we are already in 2012. Where does time go? "Optimist" is not exactly synonymous with Tracy Harp but I do hope and pray that 2012 is brighter than 2011! I prefer even numbers so we there is one thing the new year has going for it, lol. 

I have not posted since before Christmas but it does not mean I haven't been a busy stamper. I have been madly working on some Stampavie projects for CHA at the end of the month. 

Now that the holiday projects are behind me, it was time to get started on some cards for my stash basket. I started with a birthday card I need for next week. I used a cute cupcake design by Tina Wenke.


The fun, cheery papers are from October Afternoon's Sidewalks paper pack. I am really enjoying combining my Copic markers with Prismacolor pencils lately. The key is to do all marker coloring first and then add accents and shading with the pencils. If you go over the pencil with the markers, you will clog your marker tips with the waxy pencil. I added black glaze pen to the eyes and the ladybugs back. The sentiment is from an old SU set. That is it, except for a bit of stitching. It was a game to see if I could make it around the whole card before the bobbin ran out of thread. I made it just barely, lol. 

That is all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO cute, Tracy! Absolutely adorable! I love that little chickie! :)

Cheryl said...

Really sweet!!
Love the brick too! I DO know (and live with) someone who has shouted at the tv once or twice!

Joshua Porter said...

Play online pokies free spins using 19 successful strategies from this article. Click to read more facts.