Thursday, June 18, 2009

Great Friend

This is one of the cards we will be making on Monday with my old host club. We still get together occasionally and I am so glad, cause since moving, I really miss seeing these ladies on a regular basis!

It uses the Great Friend from the SU mini catalog, and I am happy to report, it will also be in the upcoming catalog! I have to squeeze in as much play time with baja breeze as possible, I think it is my favorite of ALL the SU colors. The quilted pattern was an idea from an SU publication and is simply a combo of scoring and 1/4" circle punches. For a simple idea though, it makes a big impact! The ribbon is Basic Gray Taffeta. The taffeta ribbon is great for tying, lays flat for mailing, and the slight sheen gives it a classy look.
Strawberries season is starting up here, our cooler weather has delayed it a bit. I usually make tons of freezer jam but yesterday I made a batch of cooked strawberry jam. We love the taste of freezer jam and you can't beat the ease of preparation but I wanted to try a recipe that uses way less sugar (without going the Splenda route). I am not sure the taste of the cooked jam beats the freezer kind, which really surprised me. Then again, maybe it IS all about the sugar, lol. Next week we will go to a U pick place with the kids so I will give several taste tests this next week before I decide for sure!
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Stamping Moments said...

Lovely Card Tracey. Thank you ever so much for helping me with my blog posts.

Jenny x

diane zechman said...

This is gorgeous, Tracy! I love the quilted look!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love the scored background and the circles are so perfect! I missed that idea...glad you showcased it here!

Jayne said...

Very pretty card!