Friday, September 15, 2006

Chalk it up, part II


As promised, here is another card using Pastels. This is a retired SU set called Long Time Friend and is wonderful for days you feel like coloring. In this case I used my chalks and a blender pen to color in the image. The blender pen allows you to add color and blend until you get the look you are after. Using a blender pen also helps to set the chalks. On the card I did yesterday I needed to spray it with a fixative or sealant to keep the chalks from rubbing off. (I also breathed the fumes all afernoon because I was too lazy to go to the garage and spray...not too smart!) Anywho...the blender pens contain glycerin and this helps to seal the chalks. I should also mention, the image is stamped in SU's basic black ink which is permanent and a good choice when you intend to color because it won't run. I finished the card by wheeling the not quite navy base with the Watercolor Vine jumbo wheel inked in NQN. That wheel is awesome and looks good in many different colors. I would prefer to have used ivory ribbon, but all I had was white. I did pop the image up on dimensionals as well. Have a great day!

No comments: