Thursday, September 14, 2006

Chalk it up!


It is raining and dark outside today, a good day to stay inside and play. Here is a card using mostly chalks. Chalks are great if you are limited in ink colors because you get a lot of colors for not so much money and there are lots of ways to use them. In this case I used the Poppin' Pastels technique. I used French Script in creamy caramel on barely banana cardstock. Then I inked up the Print Pattern background stamp in Versamark and used ruby red and chocolate chip chalks to give it an aged look. Remember a couple of posts ago I talked about sponge daubers? Well, that is how I added the chalk on this card. Just rub the daubers in your chalk and pounce it onto the Versamark until your image "pops". This is an easy way to get multiple colors on a background stamp such as Print Pattern. The Heartfelt Thanks flowers were stamped in Versamark and sponged in the same chalks. I did ink up the second layer of flower with my markers because I wanted to have richer definition. I rubbed barely banana and creamy caramel chalk over the whole panel to tone it down to match the background. I used a distressing tool on the edges of the vanilla and chocolate chip cardstock. Finished with a sheer brown polka dot ribbon and a spiral clip from the Hodgepodge Hardware set. I think me likes! Tomorrow I will post a card using chalks in a different way, so stop back.

No comments: