Thursday, September 21, 2006

More bang for your buck...




I like a lot of bang for my buck, so after figuring out the window punch trick I figured there must be a use for the idea beyond just shaker cards. Having a rare case of insomnia (I am glad it is a rare thing because I am paying the price now!!) I came up with a couple more samples. This certainly celery window was a leftover from yesterday. I stamped it in Aida Cloth and always artichoke. I punched out a 1 3/8" square from the top of my base panel that I had wheeled with the Watercolor Joy jumbo wheel. I sandwiched a piece of acetate between the window and the base so the acetate wouldn't show. I stamped a vanilla panel with the flowers from Close as a Memory and adhered to the inside of the card so they peeked through the window. This also makes the inside of the card interesting. Simple and easy. Sentiment is from Warmest Regards host set.





Here is a card I loved when it was done. Thanks to Julia Stainton for the idea of stamping the Dotted BG onto acetate with white Stazon. What a winner look that is!!! A couple notes about doing this....I was actually able to stamp 4 quarter sheet size pieces of acetate with one load of white Stazon. Everytime I stamped it the stamp still seemed loaded with ink so I kept going until it was almost dry. Like I said...bang for my buck...or ink in this case!! This was my first time trying the white Stazon and so far my only complaint is I can't seem to get it all off my stamp. I tried Stazon cleaner, regular cleaner, wipes. I am going after it later with Dawn Power Resolve and a toothbrush. Will report back on that later. I got the color combo for this from the In Color list SU put out, love that!! I made a double window here, layering a chocolate chip window punched with the 1 3/8" punch with a cool caribbean piece punched with the 1 1/4" punch. I created a window through all of the layers on the front of the card. The two circles are actually adhered to the inside of the card. The chocolate chip is punched with the 1 1/4" circle and the "wish" is punched with the 3/4" circle, I also popped the wish up onto a dimensional for a 3-d look. This is a variation of the donut style card done on SCS, a great way to add interest to a card. The acetate is held down by 4 brads. The retro color combo is old olive, cool caribbean, chocolate chip and sahara sand. Groovy!! I also used Seeing Spots and the Think Big stamp set in the holiday mini catalog.
I am off to crash for awhile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Love these cards! Thanks for being such a wonderful big sis...big hugs.