Sunday, September 24, 2006

Trial and error


I struggle using this set, Measure of a Life, so I thought I would pull it out today to see what I could come up with. Polished stone came to mind but I only wanted it in certain places. The wheels were turning...could I stamp my image first and then PS over top? I figured it might not work because chances were good the alcohol would cause the image to smear, but it's only paper right???

I chose the colors sage shadow, vintage violet and rose red from the In Line color combo chart. I stamped the image in SU's basic black ink onto white glossy cardstock. I had a problem, I don't have the VV re inker yet for the polished stone. Not to be daunted, I dabbed my cotton ball in a little alcohol (91% kind) and added one drop of sage and one drop of rose red and carefully tried to add color only to the butterfly. Funny thing happened...the inked image did start to bleed a little but when it did it looked like violet!!! Yeah...I meant to do that, LOL!

I used a sponge dauber and sage shadow ink to tone down the glossy white cardstock around the butterfly. Punched the corners with the ticket corner punch, mounted it onto a violet panel and added brads in the corners. The base is sage shadow with Cheesecloth BG inked in vintage violet and the bottom panel is rose red with Paisley BG inked in the same. I added some piercing, ribbon, and distressing to finish it off.

I hope you have a relaxing Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Tracy, this is absolutely gorgeous. I will have to give your technique I try.