Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cool and Warm



Here is my card for the color challenge on SCS. The combo is more mustard, chocolate chip and cool caribbean. Not exactly colors I would put together but they work and that is afterall the point of the "challenge".

I stamped the sunflower from the Give Thanks set in Timber Brown Stazon on watercolor paper. I used my ink pads and an aquapainter to color in and around the flower. To enhance the color of the flower petals I used the more mustard marker at the base of the petals and blended it with the aquapainter. The watercolor paper if fantastic for blending because the color really moves yet the paper doesn't pill up. You csn keep adding and blending for quite awhile. I did the same with the chocolate chip ink in the center.

The more mustard base has Weathered stamped in chocolate chip in. The strip of cool caribbean has Aida Cloth in cc ink. I pierced the cardstock from the back on this one. Some grosgrain ribbon finishes it off. The flower panel is up on dimenisonals.

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really a beautiful card!