Monday, November 20, 2006

Fontastic!


I got a chance to play with some new stamps last night. I ordered this Fontastic background stamp a few weeks ago so I pulled it out to see what I could come up with. I am not sure what I really think about it, what kind of style it is, what kind of cards it lends itself to...so I experimented. I know I have already told you how much I love this ellie so I am sorry if it is getting old!! I stamped the elephant in not quite navy onto whisper white cardstock. I also kissed a second one onto the Aida Cloth BG inked in nqn, cut out just the ear and mounted it on a dimensional. The little birdie was inked with various markers. The oval under the ellie is an Amuse stamp and adds just the right touch sometimes. The sage shadow frame under the image was inked in sage and Aida Cloth but it doesn't show much here. The Fontastic BG was stamped in nqn on nqn cardstock. I didn't have ribbon to match so I dyed some white grosgrain with sage shadow ink and while it is not exact it is far closer than any other ribbon I have. Since I did not have a recipient in mind when I did this I left off the sentiment. I may just send it to someone as a "just because".
Tomorrow I will show another card using the Fontastic BG. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ellie looks darling in blue, and the Fontastic background is perfect for this set.

Anonymous said...

Great colors! I love that punch of pink. And the way you did the ear is so cute!