Saturday, November 18, 2006

Surprise Pop Up

I love this stamp set!!! It makes the cutest cards and isn't limited to children or baby cards. The best thing it allows me to play with googlie eyes and that makes it worth it right there, LOL!!!

I showed this surprise pop up card at my last host club. The complete tutorial can be found at SCS in the resource section linked here. The cutting and scoring takes a bit of concentration but the card itself is not that difficult and the results are oh so fun.

On this card we used buckaroo blue, morning marigold and truly thyme. The Dotted BG is stamped in buckaroo blue on the front. We used the ticket corner punch on the front panels. The top of the card was punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch used only half way. This project does require the use of a strong adhesive like stickly strip to ensure it doesn't fall apart in all the pulling action.

This is the card Open. Tomorrow I will post another one. I had leftover pieces to this project but made the card using a new set that will be in the SU Winter Mini catalog.













No comments: