Friday, December 15, 2006

French Flair gone floral

Remember I said I bought this BG and couldn't figure out how to make it work with what I own? Part of the dilemma was those birds on the stamp. Well...I got rid of them...well not permanently, just omitted them for this card. I inked up the stamp in certainly celery and used a wet q-tip to wipe the ink from the birds away. (thanks Debbie Olson for that tip!) I then used the smaller flower from the SAB set Delight in Life to fill in the places the birds once were. I can see so many possibilities now for that BG.
The main flower is from the scrap kit and because I wanted to put it on dimensionals I first adhered it to a scrap of card stock and cut it out. Now it won't want to stick itself to the card when it gets mailed. I did add a rhinestone to the center. The sentiment is stamped in black and the flower colored in with markers. This card makes me happy...simple, clean, cheery!
Hubby and I are off to tackle some Christmas shopping....wish us luck!

7 comments:

Tracy.H said...

This is awesome! That is a very cool trick. Thanks for sharing with us!

Renee said...

Love, love, LOVE this. What a great idea! Makes this BG just a little more versitile.
Your card is drop dead gorgeous!
Thanks for the ideas and for keeping a blog that so fun to visit!
Rubber Hugs,
Renee

Michelle said...

I just love this card. I didn't buy that BG stamp because I wasn't crazy about the birds. I love what you did to omit them. It is just beautiful!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Hi I have this back ground stamp coming and I am so interested in how you used it! What great ideas. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love the trick of leaving out the birds. Never would have thought of that. I didn't really like this background stamp...now I might have to get it.

asela said...

Gorgeous card!!! Oh my your creations rock